Go to top
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport / visa / residence permit visa with page of entry stamp
- Packing list (in English)
- Copy of bill of lading (OBL) / express release or telex release / air waybill (AWB)
- Letter of employment (NOC)
- Letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (diplomats)
- Personal authorization letter
- Original authorization letter in Arabic
- Proof of ownership at origin
- Original import manifest
- Registration certificate
- Insurance policy
- Purchase / sales invoice
- Original bill of lading / air waybill
- Vehicles must be Gulf standard and left-hand drive.
- Automobiles should not be more than 5 years old.
- The owner of the vehicle must be a resident in Qatar prior to registration of the vehicle.
- A 5% Customs duty is charged on the value of the vehicle identified on the price on the purchase / sales invoice or its depreciated value and is determined at the discretion of the Customs Officer in charge.
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health certificate
- The veterinary health certificate must be issued by a government approved veterinarian clinic in the origin country and must confirm that the animal is in good health with current vaccinations.
- The certificate must be dated within 2 weeks prior to the animal’s arrival in Qatar.
- Cigarettes (free import up to 400)
- Personal items and gifts (free import up to QAR 3,000.-.)
- Firearms (special permission from the Ministry of Defense in Qatar is required)
- Narcotic drugs
- Pork products
- Pornographic materials
- Politically subversive materials
- Explosives and explosive items, including fireworks and other flammable items