Please take a moment and see how our Moving Tips can benefit you.
Getting organized is the number 1 key element to a successful move. Whether you move by a professional company or do it yourself. If you have decided to go with a professional mover there are quite a few things to keep in mind.
* Are there Settlements for either property involved on moving day?
* Are you going to be in the need for storage?
* Are you staying local or moving long distance?
* Are there any time restrictions?
* Is there an elevator at either location?
This should include everything from paperwork needed to contact numbers. From supplies to calling a mover. Stay on top of things. It will be very helpful down the line. Start Packing in Boxes The more boxes you have taped closed & the more organized you are the quicker everything is going to be.
Insist on keeping things together when you or the movers are packing boxes. Keep bookends with books, light bulbs with lamps, and extension cords with appliances. Small, loose parts can be attached to the item they belong to with tape or placed in small envelopes -- to keep picture hooks with pictures, shelf brackets with a bookcase, a special wrench and bolts with the wall unit. Keep larger corresponding items (such as a cable TV cord) in resalable bags, and tape these to the underside or back of the item. As a backup, have a "Parts Box" open on the kitchen counter and fill it with cables, cords, parts, pieces, brackets, or nails that are removed from any items of furniture. Keep this box with you, or mark it well with a rainbow of colored stickers so it can be easily located on move-in day.
Anything you can pack ahead will save you time on moving day. If it's summer, get your winter clothes out of the way. You don't really need 5 radios or TV's around your house for the last few days there. Box up your shampoo and extra toothpaste and live out of a travel cosmetic case for the last week or two. Pare down cooking utensils and food supplies to bare essentials. Wastebaskets can also be packed (put things in them!) while you switch to using plastic grocery bags (hang them on a cabinet door or door handle to collect trash.)
If you must clean your old place after moving out, put together a kit of basic cleaning supplies and rags. Clean anything possible ahead of time (the inside of kitchen cupboards, the oven, windows, etc.), and if possible, vacuum each room as movers empty it.
Fill luggage and duffle bags with clothing, sheets, towels, and paper goods. Even for local moves you'll be able to quickly spot your navy suitcase holding your favorite sweaters, whereas "Box #189" might remain elusive for days.
It's a good idea to keep valuable possessions, such as silverware, collections, or antiques, with you. If you have a long move and no room in your car, bury the items in a box titled "Misc. from kitchen pantry". Either way, check your homeowner's insurance to see how you are covered during the move, and if you need additional insurance from the mover. Also, find out what paperwork (receipts, appraisals, and photos) you might need to file a claim in case of loss. Keep important papers with you. Your list of "important" papers might include: birth certificates, school records, mover estimates, new job contacts, utility company numbers, recent bank records, current bills, phone lists, closing papers, realtor info, maps, and more. Don't leave these with the mover. Keep them with you!
Use brightly colored storage tote boxes, one for each person. Let each family member fill theirs with items they'll want 'right away' in the new home -- a set of sheets, a towel, a couple of extension cords, a phone, nightlights, address book, pens and paper, keys, kleenex, and travel cosmetic case, and so on. Moving may not be the most fun you've ever had, but planning ahead will go a long way toward making the process bearable.
Dubai Movers TGM LLC offers packing services can carry out a full pack of your household or office items successfully. With this option, we are accountable for properly packing all of your belongings to ensure a safe move. Our trained professionals will only use the best packing materials available, to not only protect your items, but increase competence and the time it will take to complete the move. Your items, such as dishes and glassware will be protected by being wrapped in the proper material (whether its newsprint or bubble wrap) and densely packing into heavy corrugated dish packs. Not only is densely packing the items smart because it reduces the room for movement or items shifting in their box (which is what causes the most damage in your move), but it will also save you money in the fact that you will be able to have a smaller truck for your move. The “fragile items only” or partial pack option from our professional packing services is great when customers want to spend less or have plenty of time to prepare before their move and want to do some of the work on their own. We will pack the more difficult, fragile items that require special care and transport. We welcome the opportunity to provide as much or as little packing services as desired. Either way, we want to make sure that all of your items arrive safe and sound.
Making it as hassle-free as possible for you, our packing job include all supplies necessary to organize your possessions, cover them to the best ability, and box them up accordingly to be placed on the truck for shipping. Above all, we know all the tricks for packing those difficult items such as delicate porcelain, electronics, art, and furniture safe and sound. Our experts are well trained on providing excellent packing services where they will securely bubble, plastic, or cloth wrap, each item with care, making your moving experience that much easier.
If you are in a dilemma to move your home stuff or commercial stuff to a temporary storage until you get the right place we offer good quality safe storage on monthly basis with in Dubai & Sharjah.
In several locations we provide the latest container storage facilities. Each facility is equipped with two high capacity overhead cranes, providing our customers with secure storage in steel 20’ containers, fully computerized unmanned warehouses.
To meet the increasing demand for off-site document storage, Top Global Movers Dubai LLC are able to offer different levels of document storage services, across UAE. These range from racked archive storage to individual specially designed storage crates, which contain document cartons. All document storage offers high levels of security and safety in addition of course to providing collection, retrieval, delivery and if required secure scheduled destruction.
Dubai is one of the Cities with more expat than actual nationality. Where most of them live in rented apartment or Villa. Our customers are moving to different location in Dubai or UAE due to the comfortable of going to their work place or once their rental agreement is finished with present building. We take care of all moving requirement such as furniture dismantling, packing , packing of your Electronics items, loading in the truck, offloading & assembling furniture. we are best known for offering unparalleled, plethora of efficient moving services in the domestic sector. We ensure that deviations, of any form, do not creep in and hamper our efficiency. Our services are designed proficiently to meet the maximum customer satisfaction, and they are also rendered in such a way that comes out high on the expectations of our clients.
Our dedicated and committed packing team puts heart and soul into the entire packing and moving process. Packing materials like tubular packing and high quality corrugated sheets are used to provide complete safety to your precious household items and protection against any kind of breakages during transition.
Please call us now to get your quote
CUSTOMS REGULATIONS AND INFORMATION FOR IMPORTS -Household Goods & Personal Affect to Kenya
· Original Passport (for returning residents, a Passport used for the last 2 years or any previous Passport other than the current Passport are also required; the Entry and Exit stamps are used by Customs to check the compliance of the regulation)
· Original Bill of Lading (OBL) / Air Waybill (AWB)
· Original Work Permit
· Packing list
· Form C-18 Declaration, signed by shipper (Baggage Claim form)
· Detailed inventory
· PRO 1B (Diplomats)
· PRO 1A (Diplomats)
Please note below points before you are moving your personal goods to Kenya
· The shipper must be present for Customs clearance.
· All shipments will be inspected by Customs.
· All cosmetics, toiletries, perfumes, alcohol and foodstuffs will be subjected to radioactive analysis which will cost Kshs 3,000 per sample per item.
· Computers are not classified as personal effects and are subject to tax and duties.
· For non-Diplomats, the goods must have been owned for more than 1 year by the shipper and must be imported within 90 days after approval of the Work Permit.
· Documents must be received by agent 15 days prior to arrival in order for shipper’s employer to obtain the Duty-Free Exemption Certificate, if applicable (Diplomats).
· Diplomatic goods are not subject to inspection with an approved PRO 1B in place (Diplomats).
· The PRO 1A is required if importing alcohol and must be approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Diplomats).
· Diplomats must apply for exemption from duty and value added tax (VAT) through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kenya; the approval for the exemption can take several months.
· Returning residents must have lived abroad for more than 2 consecutive years and cannot have visited Kenya for a total of more than 90 days from last date of entry in Kenya for duty-free import; shipment must be imported within 3 months of entry date.
· For the duty-free importation of personal effects, the shipper must have owned the items for at least 1 year prior to import (returning residents).
· The shipper must not have visited Kenya for a total of more than 90 days in the last 2 years prior to his last date of entry in Kenya (returning residents)
· Original Passport
· Original Work Permit
· Personal Identification Number (PIN) Certificate
· Original Certificate of Registration / Logbook of the vehicle in English
· Import Declaration Form (IDF)
· Certificate of Conformity (COC)
· If a shipper wants to pay duties on the car, the following document will be required:
o Importer's PIN Certificate
o Import Declaration Form (IDF) plus IDF charges to be paid (EUR 50)
o Purchase Invoice in English
o PRO 1B form approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Diplomats)
· Left-hand drive vehicles cannot be imported.
· Vehicles older than 8 years cannot be imported.
· A fee of EUR 120 for processing must be paid to Kenyan Customs.
· If the IDF is not available, a penalty of 15% of the cost, insurance and freight (CIF) value of
the car will be charged by the Kenyan Bureau of Standards (non-Diplomats and expatriates).
· The Certificate of Road Worthiness must be provided by the owner of the vehicle to the
Kenya Bureau of Standards agent (JEVIC); it is required for a pre-inspection at origin to
obtain the Certificate of Conformity (COC) for cars coming from Japan / Dubai Singapore /
South Africa / UK (cars from origins than these can be inspected in Kenya by KBS for a fee of
· The OBL and AWB must show the details of the motor vehicle (e.g., chassis and engine
numbers, make, model, color, etc.)
· The shipper must have owned the vehicle for at least 1 year for duty-free import or
approximately 61% of taxes will be charged.
· All shipment documentation must be sent to agent at least 1 month prior to shipment arrival to
reduce the possibility of demurrage / storage charges.
· Diplomats are allowed to import 1 vehicle or motor cycle per shipment; additional vehicles or
motorcycles will be subject to duties and taxes at the rate of 45% + value added tax (VAT) at
· Motor vehicles must be imported within 90 days after the last date of arrival of the shipper.
· A guaranty deposit can be requested by Customs of the value of the duties while waiting for
confirmation of any exemption.
· Shipper must not have visited Kenya for a total of more than 90 days in the last 2 years prior
to the last date of arrival in the Kenya.
· Only one duty-free car per returning resident in a lifetime is permitted.
· If the vehicle is older than 1 year, there is no tax provided that the vehicle is registered in the
name of the person moving.
· Vehicles imported duty free are not transferrable for a period of 1 year.
· Taxes on vehicles are based on a percentage of the local value for a similar vehicle
(approximately 55%) and the vehicle must not have a seating capacity of more than 13
· All shippers must pay motor vehicle processing fees (currently USD 145 per motor vehicle).