Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Passport copy
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / airway bill (AWB)
- Packing list
- Pro-forma invoice
- Convention Marchandises Routiers (CMR )
- The owner of the goods should be present at the destination and should have a valid visa.
- The owner of the goods should be employed with a registered company.
- Temporary import of household goods and personal effects is duty and taxes free.
- This is valid for 12 months and can be renewed every year until the time the foreigner has finished his or her stay and is ready to re-export the shipment.
- Permanent import of household and personal effects is subject to customs duties and taxes.
- Additionally, a value added tax (VAT) of 20% is charged on the import.
- Only a limited amount of foodstuff, new items, and electronics are allowed duty free.
- Title / registration
- It is difficult for a foreigner to import a motor vehicle into Lithuania and is not recommended.
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health record
- Cats and dogs are subject to special regulations of the European Parliament and of the Council (EC No. 998/2003).
- Vodka / other alcoholic drinks (1 L)
- Wine (3 L)
- Beer (5 L)
- Tobacco (200 cigarettes or 250g of tobacco)
- Sugar (1 kg)
- Chocolate (3 kg)
- Coffee(2 kg)
- Jewelry (50 kg)
- Petrol (20 L)
- Car (1)
- Pornographic materials
- Live animals