Welcome you to  Top Global Movers Dubai

  Call us -   0097144430951


Whats App whats app




Used Household Goods and Personal Effects

Documents Required 

  • Copy of passport
  • Import declaration (Customs form 45) in Finnish, Swedish, or English
  • Detailed inventory in Finnish, Swedish, or English (must include exact number and description of each item)

Specific Information

  • For shipments originating outside of the European Union (EU), household goods and personal effects can be imported free of duty if:
    • The goods have been used by the owner of the goods or the owner of the goods’ family abroad for at least 6 months.
    • The owner of the goods has lived in a primary residence abroad for at least 12 months.
  • The owner of the goods must have a primary residence in Finland to begin the Customs clearance process.
  • Personal property imported from the EU is admitted free of Customs duty, tax, and other restrictions, except prohibitions referred to Article 36 of the Treaty of Rome.
  • Diplomats may import household goods and personal effects duty free provided a detailed inventory has been completed and an obligation for privilege granted by the Foreign Ministry.

Motor Vehicles

Documents Required 

  • Certification of title / registration

Specific Information

  • All vehicles subject to taxes; however, the car tax on one taxable private vehicle imported by the owner of the goods at transfer of the normal place of residence is reduced by a maximum of Euro 13,450 if the following three conditions are met:
    • The owner of the goods has stayed abroad continuously for at least 12 months immediately before moving to Finland.
    • The vehicle has been in the ownership, or in the possession leading to ownership, of the owner of the goods or a spouse and in the owner of the goods’ use abroad for at least six months immediately before the move to Finland.
    • If the owner of the goods has previously brought in a vehicle free of tax, it is required that the time limit within which that vehicle may not be transferred without payment of tax has expired before his moving to Finland.
  • A tax reduction will not be granted to a person under the age of 18 nor a person who has previously lived in Finland and stayed abroad mainly for educational or study purposes.
  • Vehicles imported duty free by a foreigner are subject to prohibition on the sale, hire, and transfer of the vehicle for 3 years, one of which must be in Finland.
  • Motor vehicles imported from within the EU are subject to the Finnish Value Added Tax (VAT) Act and Car Tax Act.
    • As a rule, VAT is not collected in Finland on vehicles imported as removal goods from within the EU. 


Documents Required 

  • Vaccination record
  • Veterinary health certificate

Specific Information

  • Pets are subject to examination upon arrival to Finland and quarantine; contact the destination agent to confirm the duration.
  • Pets without the vaccination record will be returned to the port of origin.
  • Pets may be imported duty free with proof of ownership.

Wedding Trousseau / Gifts

  • Wedding trousseaux (may be imported duty free as part of the household goods shipment)
  • Inheritances (may be imported duty free if the owner of the goods’ primary residence is in Finland; a detailed inventory and a certified copy of the will).

Restricted/Dutiable Items

  • Alcoholic products, narcotics, tobacco (are subject to duty and VAT and incitements require special permits)
  • Firearms and ammunition (a special permit by police authorities is required)
  • Live animals and animal products (a special permit is required)
  • Plants and plant parts (a special permit is required)
  • New items (are subject to VAT and duty and must be declared separately on Customs form 45; a commercial invoice is also required)
  • Art, antiques, and precious metal objects (are duty free as part of the household goods shipment; otherwise subject to VAT and duty; a detailed inventory is required)

Prohibited Items

  • Narcotics / illegal drugs of any kind
  • Pornography and subversive material
  • Explosives, ammunitions, and weapons including knives, swords, and fireworks
  • Feathers, furs, tusks, skins etc. of animals included on the Endangered Species List and those protected under the CITES Convention

Do you still have a question regarding our services

Please feel to contact us

Style Selector

Layout Style

Predefined Colors

Background Image