Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport showing photograph and signature
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / express release / air waybill (AWB) / Convention Relative Au Contract de Transport International de Marchandises Par Route (CMR)
- Certificate of residence (Model 2)
- Certificate for free entry (diplomats)
- Letter of employment
- Packing list
- Certificate of residence (Model 2) issued by local Belgian town hall of the city of residence.
- Letter of employment from the origin country or destination country stating that the owner of the goods has been employed outside the European Union for a period of at least 12 months.
- If possible, the letter of employment from the origin country should include the beginning and ending dates of employment and beginning date of employment in Belgium.
- Any other official documents from the embassy or the Consulate at origin stating that the owner of the goods has lived outside Belgium for the past 12 months should be included.
- Original registration card
- Certificate of insurance from origin country
- Copy of purchase invoice / sales contract / good faith declaration
- Purchase invoice / sales contract / good faith declaration from the owner of the goods must state that the vehicle has been in the owner of the goods’ possession for more than 6 months, the approximate current value and that the vehicle is not for resale.
- Certificate of insurance from origin country must provide for coverage of over 6 months from date of departure of the vehicle.
- Vehicle must be CE compliant or possible to be adapted to CE norms.
- All documents for HHG must also be provided for vehicle shipments.
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health certificate
- Pets must be identifiable (tattoo or an electronic identification system) and vaccinated against rabies.
- Ivory (CITES)
- Stuffed animals / animal skins
- Untreated wood
- Alcohol (authorization from the territorial administration is required)
- Tobacco and tobacco products
- Coats, fur, and leather shoes made from protected animals (authorization from the territorial administration is required)
- Firearms and ammunitions
- Illegal drugs